NICE Launches New Public Safety User Group
PUBNUG provides a community for NICE public safety customers to share information, best practices and ideas on changing public safety landscape
June 23, 2016
Paramus, New Jersey – June 23, 2016 – Emergency communications centers worldwide are being inundated by change. New citizen communication channels and NG9-1-1 are transforming the role of Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) and the way they interact with first responders and the public. As the pace of change accelerates, PSAPs will need to manage more types and larger volumes of multimedia information, and adapt to these changes that impact operations and evidence management. To help address this need, NICE is announcing the launch of a new Public Safety User Group (PUBNUG) where NICE public safety customers will be able to connect with people, knowledge and resources to address these challenges head on.
“NG9-1-1 is fundamentally altering the public safety landscape, and in this disruptive, dynamic environment it’s more important than ever that PSAP leaders have a forum to share information, ideas and best practices, and learn from each other’s experiences and innovations,” said John Rennie, General Manager, Public Safety at NICE. “We created PUBNUG to bridge this gap for our thousands of public safety customers worldwide.”
Through PUBNUG, NICE customers will have exclusive access to an interactive web portal featuring:
- Discussion forums where they can find answers to questions and share best practices and use cases with their public safety peers;
- An ‘ideas tab’ where they can introduce, vote on and track suggested enhancements to NICE solutions;
- A community resources area where they can upload and share materials such as operating procedures, policies, QA forms, etc.;
- A jobs board where they can share open positions and review posted job opportunities;
- A searchable PUBNUG member database where they find and collaborate with other public safety professionals;
- Information on local chapters that they can lead, host or join;
- Events and educational webinars to help them learn more about how to prepare for changes on the horizon, and how to get the maximum benefit from their NICE solutions.
PUBNUG membership is free and open to any user of NICE public safety solutions. For more information please email PSInfo@nice.com.